Monday, September 24, 2012

An Auspicious Coincidence

Wow !! Don't you love those auspicious coincidences!
This image is an eight-room Inn located 47 miles north of  New York city and owned by Richard Gere and two partners.
The following is a letter to Richard Gere, InnKeeper of the Boston Post Inn and connects my interest with this site:
Dear Mr. Gere:
INTRODUCTION: I wish to share with you an out-standing auspicious conincidence -- an event that speaks to your spirit, energy,  calm and the provision of hope. I am a 65 year young Shambhala Buddhist living in the city of Halifax, Nova Scotia -- the location of the North American Shambhala Buddhist Headquarters.
BACKGROUND: Just weeks ago I received a diagnosis of heart failure. Days later and in a moment of an empowering peace, I felt a desire to establish a list of life opporutnities to embrace as I am aware life, as we know it, is in it's finale.
With this awareness, I felt a need to list a few desired life-experiences in this transition as such experiences would provide me renewed energy to leave life at my personal best. 
     I was apprehensive in drawing up a list however it came together in a timeline that astounded me. I am sure this list has been rehearsed in my subconscious for sometime.  Magically, eight items appeared on my list - items in which I feel have been provided an alternate energy source.
     An enhanced sense of power guided me as I produced this list and to my surprise your name continually appeared in thought as I wrote details my last wishes.
     I was very puzzled by the recurruing presence of your name and instinctly knew that the answer and explanation of this would come in due time and only in time would this be disclosed.

TIME ARRIVES:  On 14 September 2012 and in an effort to re focus from the distraction of pain as I laid in my bed,  I turned on the TV to view the Anderson Cooper show and felt it would not only be a distraction but that of a life-lesson as well.

     Upon hearing that you would be a guest my attention was totally present.  I instintualy knew my puzzle was about to unfold -- and that it did.

     As you encountered Anderson Cooper's interview space graciously bowed.  It was this gesture that led me to think that you possibly could be of the Buddhist tradition.  Indeed your greeting with Mr. Cooper was a touching moment and that which most Buddhist's can only aspire to attain.

Moving on:     Early in the interview Anderson Cooper stated something to the effect that you could so easily move through a room and I had a sesne he referred to your charm.....your demeanor was oh so, so much more and ata depth few could be able to appreciate -- the message you translated to Cooper was done with great spirit, heart and soul ... a greeting representing much more than "charm".

     I sensed the interview content would be the messenger of an answer to my confusion and puzzlement.  I listened with great attention.

THE STORY:  Your interview disclosed that indeed you are a practicing Shambhala Buddhist, a station I share.  You informed your audience that meditation practice is enteretained at the Boston Post Inn and I truly believe that this fact alone was my connection to your name which appeared on my end-of-life wishes.  I have every reason to believe that your property carries a special energy and it is intended for me to experience.

CONCLUSION:  I am currently researching means and possibilities of my being a guest at Boston Post Inn and participate in my meditation practice on site.
     Should this not materialze due to health issues or financial matters, it is my hope to provide Boston Post Inn with a self-painted watercolor painting.  This would provide me with a spirited energy and the connection I am experiencing.
     I cannot explain my connection with the energy at Boston Post Inn and do not need to know how this connection came about however that which I do know is of great comfort.
     I have sent along two questions via your Facebook site and if wheelchair accessibility is present, I can move forward in my wish to be a guest and practitioner.

Respectfully

 

No comments:

Post a Comment