Sunday, June 9, 2013

"Two Parts of the Whole"

Images:  "The Cafe" : A watercolor by artists  Melodie Elliott-Clark - first stage (rt.) and by living twin, Melanie Elliott (lt.) in the completion stage (left).

Our dear Mother passed on a collection of bits and pieces from
a painting portfolio of Melodie's when she passed away.  The content of a lovely leather case, included a painting that Melodie had started - see upper left.  Debra, our younger sister, when removing all items from the family home,  felt that I would best find the right place for the collection.   It was given to me by Debra without her knowning one of my life regrets was that of not taking the time to sit down and share in the creation of one painting (by the two of us).....thus, I applied my hand to her unfinished product as shown in the upper right corner.

 I have kept a treasured photograph of Melodie's contribution and now "the two parts have become a whole".  The latter words are those that Melodie had used in a TV interview when asked about her concept of "twins".

Thank you Melodie and Debra


No comments:

Post a Comment