Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Milliner ?

A Milliner ?:
Melanie Elliott / Nightingale


Kate Middleton has put the wearing of hats back in the fashion world.  I have always been interested in millinery work and suspect this the time to take a leap and begin making hats for this new trend..

The hat in this picture is hat number #1 (Fedora style).  I had purchased a couple of women's jackets with matching skirts from a new-to-you store(s) and have taken the skirt apart for the purpose of using it for a hat. 

1. Fedora style hat with jacket

              Pillbox hat
     In my research online, I not only found tremendous ideas for hats as instruction to make them is plentiful.

     I am waiting to get some cotton piping and so eager to make pillbox style hats.  The supplies for hats are somewhat scarce in the stores.  I suspect once Christmas is over, there will be much more available.  There is a wide range of items online however 90% are American which translates to high shipping fees.

  

Pillbox had with matching jacket

Keep posted
   "Lady Nightingale"  

No comments:

Post a Comment