Saturday, March 8, 2014

Thoughts on the Concept of Time

Time -  my worse demon

 Time cannot break the bird's wing from the bird
Bird and wing together
Go down, on feather

Inspiration:
 Author Edna St. Vincent Millary

Time:   I have a few issues with time that I will share....no, my interst is not related to the fact that as a senior I am running out of "time".  I live well and consider each moment to be precious.

Initially, for the first several year after my brain injury I was unable to tell time.....I could interpret the numbers but not get beyond that concept.  To this day I am having to call upon a coping strategy to decipher the appropriateness of time, example:   When planning to go out and in need of calling a taxi I find myself in melt down mode.  I actually have a catalogue of coping mechanims of this cognitive skill....the big picture is taht of a lot of work compacted with anxiety and stress.  These elements that come with this time concept deficit presents huge and unexplainable and near dysfunction caused by accompanying frustration.
     This deficite actually  demands that I change social skills in order to remain active in the community.  I often have a fear that my time issues are seen by others as a lack of intelligence and common sense.

     If you should be a part of my social circle you would know taht my staying up to 5:00 am using the coputer and completely unaware of the fact that 5:00 am. was a time segment I should be in bed.  Five hours at the computer can seem as a 5 minute segment of time.....time and fatigue level go unrecognized.
********************

.


No comments:

Post a Comment