Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Feather for Your Thoughts

I turn once again to a poem by Edna St. Vincent Millary ---- the word feather drew my attention to her poem.  The poem reads:
"Time cannot break the bird's wing from the bird.
Bird and wing together
Go down, on feather.
No thing that ever flew,
Not the lark, not you
Can die as others do." - ESVM


A few months ago I found millinary work to be one of enjoyment and creativity.  As I progressed, I researched what was available online in terms of "fascinators" and other hat materials.
     I ordered a few packages of feathers and other items and was amazed at the beauty of the bird feathers.  After coming across Edna St. Vincent Milliary's poem, I now have reason to wonder if in fact there are feather farms and these feathers are from birds raised for this specific reason.  I willl continue on my research and see if I can find just where and how these feathers are obtained.  I have cancelled two orders until such time I can find an answer to the process that has extended to the marketplace..

No comments:

Post a Comment